|Maly Staw Polski||41km|
The church was built in the middle of the seventeenth century and -except for several modifications - its original appearance stayed unchanged. The first major change of the Wooden Church of St. John the Baptist was made in 1670, when the organ was installed (it was not a part of the original equipment) . In 1728, the chapel was completed. Other changes were made in particular in the interior of the church (various elements were added) .
The Wooden Church of St. John the Baptist is mostly built of wood. It is a timbered construction and the roof is made of shingle. Comparing to other wooden structures, its tower is unusual - it is relatively tall and it has a gallery. Inside, you can admire rare colourful decorations originating from the turn of the seventeenth and eighteenth century. The most significant elements of the church interior are the gothic monstrance and the sculpture of Jesus Christ from the period of late gothic. The whole interior of the church is extraordinarily beautiful.
In addition to this church, there are many other interesting wooden sacral buildings in the south of Poland. One of them is, for example, the Wooden Church of St. Martin and Bartholomew . These monuments are extremely valuable in terms of their historical and cultural significance and nothing like that can be found in other parts of Poland.