|Stara Szkola Lotnicza||52km|
|Silasian Opera in Bytom||63km|
|Rynek in Katowice||75km|
The Wooden Church of Saints Martin and Bartholomew was built in 1697 as a parish church for the village Borki Wielkie. In 1789, a wooden tower was added. During the centuries, the church was modified several times but all these interventions were just minor so its look and construction was not considerably changed. Until the beginning of the twentieth century it was used for regular service. In 1911, a new church in the neo-gothic style was erected in Borki Wielkie and since then the regular service has been held in this new facility. The Wooden Church of Saints Martin and Bartholomew is used for funerals as there is a cemetery just next to it.
The Wooden Church of Saints Martin and Bartholomew is mostly built of wood. Its roof is flat and it is covered with shingle. In the upper part of its not very high, wooden spire, there is an onion-domed belfry. The Wooden Church of Saints Martin and Bartholomew looks very modest, and this impression is even emphasised as soon as you enter the church. The main altar includes the picture of God with two angels. The side altar is consecrated to St. Francis of Assisi. Then there are sculptures of Virgin Mary and St. John of Nepomuk, and also various elements of modest decoration from the eighteenth century. Most of them are original pieces.