|Sucany Castle Ruins||Castles||15km|
|Novy Svetlov Castle||Castles||26km|
The castle hill protected by a steep rock had already been inhabited in the Bronze Age already. After establishment of the Hungarian state, a watch tower with a small military camp was built in the mid-13th century. The camp was protecting the northern border, and controlled an important pathway to Moravia. The Gothic Vrsatec Castle was built in the 14th century. At the end of the 15th century it was gained by the Vrsatsky family. In 1576 it was passed into the hands of a related family of the Jakusicovecs. In 1680 troops fired Vrsatec Castle and it got burned for the second time during the Rakocziovske uprising. It was demolished with explosives on the imperial order in 1708.
Vrsatec Castle has been a part of the Protected Landscape Area, and it is quite difficult to rescue the castle. There is a green tourist trail directed past the castle.