|Clock Machine in Brno||2km|
|Statue of T.A. Edison||2km|
|Zriceny kostel sv. Klimenta||17km|
|Winery and Wine Cellar Sedlacek||29km|
The construction of the exhibition center was considered already in the times of Austria-Hungary. The preparations were interrupted by the First World War. The construction began already in 1927 and it was inaugurated with the Exhibition of Contemporary Culture in Czechoslovakia. After the initially successful development, the premises were seriously damaged during the Second World War. Nonetheless, it could be reconstructed and reopened thanks to considerable support of the inhabitants of Brno. Since the 1950s, the Czechoslovak engineering exhibition had been held there. It was the predecessor of the engineering exhibitions of today. The Trade Fairs also hosted the first international exhibition in the 50s.
Trade Fairs Brno is a treasure among the functionalist architecture. The exhibition area is 130,000 m². Every year about 50 trade fairs take place there and more than one million visitors pass through its gateways. Among the most famous events belong the International Engineering Exhibition, the Invex IT Exhibition and the European Trade Fair of Education and Lifelong Learning Gaudeamus. The exhibition premises are also suitable for concerts. The Rolling Stones preformed there in 2007. The most recent and the vastest pavilion is Pavilion P. It was constructed in 2009 and its area is 15 000 m², which makes it the largest exhibition hall in Central Europe .