|Skuhrov nad Belou||25km|
The Skull Chapel in Czermna stores 25,000 to 30,000 skulls. One part of the collection is displayed by the altar but most of it is hidden under the chapel floor. The construction of the Skull Chapel in Czermna was initiated by the local priest Wacław Tomaszek. In the village environs he could find burial mounds and remains of victims, probably those of the 1744 - 1745 Silesian Wars or of the 1756 - 1763 Seven Years´ War. Each relic is authentic and used to belong to a particular person. Therefore, Wacław Tomaszek had a respectable burial site constructed for the victims at the end of the 18th century.
The Skull Chapel in Czermna is a place of silence and reflection on life, death and eternity. The Genius Loci of this place is most intensive at midnight from 14th to 15th August, when the yearly mess for all dead takes place there.
The Skull Chapel in Czermna is open daily from 9:30 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 17:30, except Mondays. Out of season it is open from 10:00 to 16:00.