The Plaszow Concentration Camp was built during the Nazi occupation of Poland . It was built on the place of a former Jewish cemetery and the construction itself was very fast. The Jewish were deported into the camp from the Krakow ghetto. Many people from the camp were sent to the factories nearby, at the beginning even to the well-known Oskar Schindler's Factory . The high death rate in the camp was caused, among other factors, by the unbearable amount of work and quickly spreading diseases. Whoever was no longer capable of working was immediately executed. The Plaszow Concentration Camp ceased to exist in 1945, when the Nazis themselves destroyed it before the arrival of the Red Army.
There are hills and greenery on the place where the Plaszow Concentration Camp used to lie. In spite of this, it is a much visited site today. The main memorial pictures five people suffering under heavy burden and commemorates all victims of the camp. There is a memorial tablet by the former entrance to the camp.