The park was founded after 1770 by the Princess Helena Radziwillova and it was supposed to be an idyllic place of tranquillity and happiness. It was true but after the princess’ death everything changed and Park Arkadia began to decline. Many artworks were relocated to the Nieborów Pallace nearby where you can see them today. Abandoned buildings broke down and plants grew through them which is characteristic for Park Arkadia.
Despite a long period of decay, historical pavilions and villas still can be seen in the park, including a Gothic house built from red bricks and a Roman Aqueduct. The Diana’s Temple by the lake is among the most interesting sights with its collection of Roman statues and gravestones. This temple was partly renovated. The High-Priest's Sanctuary is a ruin imitation and it is decorated with a bas relief of Hope feeding the Chimera. Park Arkadia’s damaged look creates an ancient feel and a magic atmosphere. It can be visited at almost any time of the year from 10.00 till dusk.