Kokorin Castle was probably built in the 14th century by Hynek Berka of Dubá. After him there were several owners and in the 17th century it was regained by the Berkas again. After the Battle of White Mountain in 1621, Kokorin Castle was confiscated and then acquired by the Wallensteins. After the death of Albrecht of Wallenstein the castle was held by the king, and it was considered as a cursed castle which not be repaired, and by the end of the 19th century there were only ruins left. There was nobody interested in the repair of the ruin until the Czech Tourist Club came up with this idea in 1895, and the idea was then brought to life by Václav Špaček, a businessman,who bought the Kokorin Castle in 1896 and in 1911 began a general reconstruction of the castle. The work was completed by his son John in 1918. In 1950 the castle was nationalised but in 2006 it was returned within the restitution to the descendants of the Špaček family. The castle is currently opened from May to September every day except Mondays, in April and October only at weekends.