|Dolni Benesov Castle||Castles||18km|
|Slezska Ostrava Castle||Castles||31km|
|Novy Jicin Castle||Castles||32km|
On the site of the current chateau once stood a Gothic castle built by the Přemyslids in the 11th century. In the 13th century, King Ottokar II had it rebuilt. The castle was often given in pledge.
The last pledge master was Kaspar Pruskovský of Pruskov, who acquired Hradec nad Moravici Castle to patrimony in 1585. He had the castle rebuilt in Renaissance style.
Between 1778 and 1945 Hradec nad Moravici Castle belonged to the Prussian Lichnowsky family of Voštice and Werdenberg. After the fire of 1796, the castle was rebuilt into its present classicist form. At the end of the 19th century, the so-called Red Castle (Červený zámek) was added to Hradec nad Moravici Castle.
A landscape park covering an area of 60 ha was founded at the beginning of the 19th century. Hradec nad Moravici Castle offers two guided tours. In April and October it is opened on weekends; from May to September it is opened daily except Mondays.