|Castle of Silesian Legends||Castles||20km|
|Nova Louka - Šamalka||Castles||26km|
Czocha Castle was erected in the 13th century on order by Czech king Wenceslas II (1271-1305) . It was built as a defense fort on the Czech-Polish border. In 1434 Czocha Castle was seized by the Hussites. During the Thirty Years´ War, it resisted attacks by Swedish armies. From 1453 it was owned by influential Nostitz noble family, who kept the castle for 250 years. In the mid 16th century, Johann von Nostitz ordered a general reconstruction. The medieval castle was remodelled into a romantic Renaissance residence. Unfortunately, the castle burnt down in 1793 but Earl Nostitz had it re-constructed, which took a very short time. In the early 20th century Czocha Castle was gained by Ernest Gütschow from Dresden. After the Second World War the castle was nationalized and became a recreation center for influential people - soldiers of the Polish Army.
Czocha Castle offers tourists a tour around interesting rooms. You can visit, for example, a two-storey Knights Hall or Princes´ Bedroom with an impressive double bed with a canopy. A part of the castle premises are secret underground passages, a bastion and a tower.
Several films have been shot within the Czocha Castle interiors and exteriors, for example, "Where is the General" (Gdzie is generalo) , "The Secret of Cipher Strength" (Tajemnica twierdza szyfrow) and the documentary show " 20th Century Sensations" (Sensacje XX. wieku) .