|Krasny Dvůr Castle||Castles||18km|
|Andelska hora Castle||Castles||23km|
The first fortress, later a castle was built at this site many centuries ago. It was demolished in 1467 and replaced by a more modern castle, built in 1473 on the order of Burián of Gutštejn. Then the castle was in possession of several owners. In 1578, it was bought by Mikuláš Lobkowicz, who had it rebuilt into a Renaissance chateau. In 1747 the chateau was acquired by the Lažanský family, and it was used by this family until 1945, when it was nationalized became the state property. After 1945 it administered by the Forest and Farm Directorate, for some time it was the seat of Secondary School of Agriculture and then it was used as recreational resort for school children.
Chyse Castle was closed from 1976 in order to be repaired. However, this did not happen. After the political changes in Czechoslovakia, the castle was bought by a private company -and in 1996 Mr. Ing. Vladimír Lažanský from Děčín and his wife Marcela began the reconstruction. At present, a part of the castle is open to the public but the reconstruction has not been completed yet. Along with the reconstruction of the chateau, the park, occupying 9 hectares, has been revitalized.
Chyse Castle offers three guided tours: the first loop includes residential and representative parts of the chateau. The second loop offers a thematic exhibition focused on the period when Karel Čapek, famous writer, lived in the castle. The third tour will take you to the cellars. Chyse Castle is open in April and October on weekends, from May to September daily except Mondays.