|Muzeum Zofii Kossak-Szatkowskiej||39km|
|Zamek Hustopece nad Becvou||46km|
The foundation of the building dates to 1883-1888. The beginning of the construction work was scheduled for 4th October 1883, Emperor's birthday. The Cathedral of the Holy Saviour was built in the neo-Renaissance style according to plans of Gustav Merett. Architect Clemens Hladisch of Ostrava was responsible for the construction. The three-aisled cathedral is 68 meters long and is ended by a semicircular apse. Above it there are two 67-meter high symmetrical front towers. Twelve Ionian sandstone pillars, carrying a three-part ledge, are situated in the interior. The vault of the main nave is composed of pilasters in the Corinthian style. The original Renaissance altar was the work of the Viennese architect Max von Ferstel. After the Second World War the interior was changed by the Prague architect J. Cermak. He replaced the altar by a new altar with wings. The new interior was open to the public on 24th December 1954. In the seventies the original paintings were re-painted white.
A reliquary with the relics of St. Hedwig of Silesia and a new gilded cross have been in the cathedral since 1999. Cathedral of the Holy Saviour has two organs. The little one was made by Rieger brothers from in the 1930s. The big one was originally made by Jan Tucek in 1938-1939 but it was replaced another instrument in 1995. The great pipe organ from Germany, built by the Führer Company in 1959, was then adjusted by the Krnov organ maker Václav Smolek and installed in 1998.
In the interior of Cathedral of the Holy Saviour you can admire the carved crosses , wooden coffered ceilings, and the painting "Adoration of the Lamb" by local painter Stalmach. In May 1996 the basilica became the cathedral. It is the second largest church in Moravia (after the Basilica of Velehrad) . Masses are regularly held in Cathedral of the Holy Saviour as well as concerts with great atmosphere.